Saturday, September 21, 2013

Second & last week at the MTC!!

I can't believe how fast this week has gone by!! I'll be leaving to Argentina Monday if all goes well! This week has really been a spiritual week for me. We had TRC's on Wednesday, Friday, and today. On Wednesday we had the chance to talk to the same investigator as last week. This time it actually went very well. Mainly because we weren't in a hurry or anything. We said a prayer before entering for guidance in what to teach our investigator. Spirit was with me at all times throughout the lesson we had with our investigator. We got him to pray about the Book of Mormon and he seems really interested in the church.

Today's Investigator was a Non-member. we gave him like a mini lesson of the Restauration. With him it had been a little bit difficult and we didn't really have a lot of time to teach him. We definitely tried to feel for the spirit and It was there I could feel it, but in a way I guess we weren't really prepared as we should've been. We got him interested in the church and he's told us we could come back anytime we wanted. So I'm hoping everything has gone well.

Our Thursday Investigator, okay this one was different. Instead of doing it as a district we did it as companionships this time. We each were assigned and investigator. Hna Berriman's and I were assigned to Gabriel who was an inactive member. We really didn't know much or what to teach him so lets just say we were really nervous! We said a prayer before entering the room for the spirit to be with us and to help us know what to say. As soon as we went in everything went well. I could seriously testify that the spirit was with us at the moment. Gabriel our investigator was going through a hard time in life. His parents are getting a divorce and he's alone here at the United States while his parents are in Mexico and he just felt completely alone. He was having hard trials here but we were able to listen to all his problems. He actually opened up to us completely and honestly the spirit and our Heavenly Father heard our prayers because we knew exactly what to tell him. Words were put into my mind and mouth. The spirit was so strong in that room. We were able to teach him about the Love of Christ for all his Children. I gave him a picture of Jesus Christ that one of the Hermana's in my District had given me last week and it had helped me so much and I just felt this strong impression that I should give it to him and I shared my testimony along with it. Looking at that picture I had felt so much love from my Heavenly Father and Savior that I just knew I had to give it to him. The picture is called the Prince of Peace, it comes with a testimony from the artist that I would definitely advice you to look up and read. We showed him how to pray again and had him do the closing prayer. As we finished I looked into his eyes and I could definitely feel the Love of our Savior for this man. It reminded me as to why I am here to share this amazing gospel to all these people who have either lost their way or have been searching for something to fill their lives.
Thank you everybody for all your love and support! I'll be leaving Monday to Argentina if all goes well early in the Morning! I love you!
Love 
Hermana Valenzuela

1 comment: